ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Talking Point
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Elections-2023
  • Contact
Saturday, February 21, 2026
  • Login
Forum News
Advertisement
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Talking Point
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Elections-2023
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Talking Point
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Elections-2023
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
Forum News
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORT

CAF president Confirms 2027 AFCON Will Go Ahead as Planned in East Africa

FORUM NEWS SIERRA LEONE by FORUM NEWS SIERRA LEONE
21 February 2026
in SPORT
0
Guinean National Arrested at Mile 38 with Suspected Kush
0
SHARES
1
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Share on

By Forum staff writer

President of the Confederation of African Football, Patrice Motsepe, has put to rest speculation surrounding the timing of the next Africa Cup of Nations, confirming that the tournament will be played in 2027 and not postponed to 2028 as widely rumoured.

 

Qcell Qcell Qcell

Motsepe announced that the Africa Cup of Nations will take place from 19 June to 18 July 2027, with matches hosted jointly by Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda. His confirmation reassured football stakeholders across the continent who had expressed concern over conflicting reports about the tournament’s schedule.

 

The CAF president stressed that preparations for the competition are progressing as planned and that the three host nations remain fully committed to delivering a successful event. He said CAF has confidence in the readiness plans presented by the host countries and continues to work closely with them to ensure that infrastructure, logistics, and organisational standards meet international requirements.

 

The 2027 edition of AFCON will be historic, as it will be the first time the tournament is hosted by three countries jointly. The decision to stage the competition across East Africa reflects CAF’s broader vision of regional cooperation and inclusive development of football infrastructure across the continent.

 

Motsepe also highlighted the symbolic importance of the tournament, noting that the 2027 AFCON will form part of celebrations marking 70 years since the establishment of the Africa Cup of Nations. He described the milestone as an opportunity to reflect on the growth of African football while showcasing its future potential on and off the pitch.

 

Addressing concerns about infrastructure and timelines, Motsepe said CAF remains satisfied with the progress reports submitted so far. He added that periodic inspections and technical support will continue to ensure that stadiums, training facilities, transport systems, and accommodation are ready well ahead of kickoff.

 

Football analysts say the confirmation brings much needed clarity for national teams, sponsors, broadcasters, and fans, all of whom rely on certainty in planning. National football associations are now expected to align their qualification campaigns and domestic calendars accordingly.

 

The East African host nations have welcomed CAF’s renewed endorsement, describing the tournament as an opportunity to boost tourism, regional integration, and youth engagement through sport. Governments in the three countries have repeatedly stated that AFCON 2027 will leave a lasting legacy beyond football.

 

With the speculation now settled, attention shifts back to the pitch as Africa’s top teams prepare for qualification and a tournament that promises both historical significance and a new chapter in African football.

Post Views: 4
Previous Post

Guinean National Arrested at Mile 38 with Suspected Kush

Next Post

VP Juldeh Jalloh Thanks Grassroots Supporters in Pujehun, Emphasises Unity and Development

Next Post
VP Juldeh Jalloh Thanks Grassroots Supporters in Pujehun, Emphasises Unity and Development

VP Juldeh Jalloh Thanks Grassroots Supporters in Pujehun, Emphasises Unity and Development

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Forum News

FORUM NEWS, Sierra Leone in its push for independent journalism is in solidarity with the global campaigns in the fight against corruption, divisiveness....PEACE!

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • ADVERTISE WITH US
  • AGRIBUSINESS
  • ALL NEWS
  • BO
  • BOMBALI
  • BONTHE
  • BOOK REVIEW
  • BUSINESS
  • CHINA – SIERRA LEONE
  • Condolence Message from the Dr. Ibrahim Bangura Movement
  • CRIME
  • CRIME & COURT
  • E-EDITIONS
  • EAST
  • ECONOMY
  • ELECTIONS-2023
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • ENVIRONMENT
  • EYE ON THE WORLD
  • FALABA
  • FOOTBALL
  • FORUM MINDS
  • FORUM TV
  • FREETOWN
  • GHANA
  • HEALTH
  • INSIGHTFUL PEAK
  • INTERVIEW
  • KABALA
  • KAILAHUN
  • KAMBIA
  • KARENE
  • KENEMA
  • KOINADUGU
  • KONO
  • LATEST NEWS
  • LETTERS
  • LIBERIA
  • LUNSAR
  • MAGBURAKA
  • MAKENI
  • MEDIA WATCH
  • MOYAMBA
  • NIGRIA
  • NORTH
  • NORTH-EAST
  • NORTH-WEST
  • OBITUARY
  • POLITICS
  • PORT LOKO
  • PRESS RELEASE
  • PUJEHUN
  • SALONE DIASPORA
  • SOUTH
  • SPEECHES
  • SPORT
  • TALKING POINT
  • THE CONCH
  • THE SIERRA LEONE WE DESERVE
  • TONKOLILI
  • TONKOLILI
  • TRIBUTES
  • VIdeo Advertisements
  • WATERLOO
  • WESTERN AREA RURAL DISTRICT
  • WESTERN AREA URBAN

Recent News

Student Allegedly Killed by Boyfriend in Makeni

Student Allegedly Killed by Boyfriend in Makeni

21 February 2026
VP Juldeh Jalloh Thanks Grassroots Supporters in Pujehun, Emphasises Unity and Development

VP Juldeh Jalloh Thanks Grassroots Supporters in Pujehun, Emphasises Unity and Development

21 February 2026
Guinean National Arrested at Mile 38 with Suspected Kush

CAF president Confirms 2027 AFCON Will Go Ahead as Planned in East Africa

21 February 2026
Guinean National Arrested at Mile 38 with Suspected Kush

Guinean National Arrested at Mile 38 with Suspected Kush

21 February 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • TV
  • TV
  • VIDEO-ADVERTISEMENTS
  • Archives
  • TV
  • Home
  • Home

© 2026 Forum News Sierra Leone Contact: 34 Goderich Street, Freetown, SL Email:forumnews.sl@gmail.com - Mobile+23278843716 /+23232843716

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Talking Point
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Elections-2023
  • Contact

© 2026 Forum News Sierra Leone Contact: 34 Goderich Street, Freetown, SL Email:forumnews.sl@gmail.com - Mobile+23278843716 /+23232843716

×

Hello!

Click one of our contacts below to chat on WhatsApp

Forum News
Support Forum News

Forum News - Sierra Leone.

× How can I help you?